Each piece of jewellery Chris makes begins life as a fragile piece of wax. This is carefully carved, sculpted, and added to, before finally being transformed by the lost wax casting process into a timeless metal object. It’s a powerful and compelling technique, allowing limitless sculptural and creative possibilities. The perfectly evolved forms of the natural world are a perennial theme and passion in his work. Chris is also a perpetual collector, carefully studying treasured finds for inspiring shapes and ideas. Sometimes he looks to past for inspiration, the Edo period in Japan, and metal work of the Renaissance have both been an influence.
Chris designs and makes jewellery collections from his converted coach house studio in Brighton, supplying shops and galleries throughout the UK and beyond, including the Natural History Museum in London.
How the trial rings work:
- We will send you a Silver version of the design set with a cubic zirconia.
- These come in one standard size as we only have one of each.
- Each ring is engraved ‘sample’ on the inside.
- The cost of the samples are £200 + Postage charges (if required). However, the £200 is completely refundable once returned.
- Alternatively, the £200 can be taken off the price of the final ring if you choose to make the final ring with us.
Please select a size.