Anke's work is experimental and tries to utilise new possibilities and test new forms. Research in form, function, materiality and conversion result in new inspiration and appendages for her work. She seeks Stimuli in classical jewellery design such as the form of a ruff from the 17th century (Spanish mode), in artificial and natural processes, samples and structures. For example the form of the DNA double helix. The interface between the known and unknown are her formative starting points.
The underlying idea of Anke's current work is a traditional braiding technique from the 19th Century: both using this technique, but also developing and emphasising it in contrary to the conventional definitions. Simple, flat braids are wound around and over themselves and form a spiral and provide an unusual aesthetic in the third dimension. Developing a new design principle, pieces of jewellery are produced with an appearance and a surface which hardly allows one to imagine its origin.
How the trial rings work:
- We will send you a Silver version of the design set with a cubic zirconia.
- These come in one standard size as we only have one of each.
- Each ring is engraved ‘sample’ on the inside.
- The cost of the samples are £200 + Postage charges (if required). However, the £200 is completely refundable once returned.
- Alternatively, the £200 can be taken off the price of the final ring if you choose to make the final ring with us.
Please select a size.