Abbott and Ellwood
Mike Abbott and Kim Ellwood live and work together, by the sea and moor just outside St Ives in Cornwall on the north coast in West Penwith one of the most spectacular pieces of coast in the country, with its incredible light, beautiful sea and wild landscapes. Their work comes from the places and things they like – the beach, coastal walks, a paddle on our boat, a trip to far off lands. The things they see around them that trigger responses - a piece of coloured paper picked up, an old scrap from a junk shop, plastic washed by the sea, the colour of a wall with sun on it.
This contemporary collection of hand printed figurative brooches, with themes including the garden and the sea, are made to wear, display and hopefully to bring a smile. Their one-off hand printed figurative sculptures explore narrative themes loosely drawn…. individual characters emerge through the process of making, using images printed onto metal and found objects to tell a new story, creating objects with humour and pathos!
How the trial rings work:
- We will send you a Silver version of the design set with a cubic zirconia.
- These come in one standard size as we only have one of each.
- Each ring is engraved ‘sample’ on the inside.
- The cost of the samples are £200 + Postage charges (if required). However, the £200 is completely refundable once returned.
- Alternatively, the £200 can be taken off the price of the final ring if you choose to make the final ring with us.
Please select a size.